Sunday, August 10, 2008

Colors! homebrew for the DS





I talked to Adam Ford from avalanche and asked him what I need to work on in order to get accepted to work with their company. Basically, his answer was that I needed to give them a lot more of a wow factor, and then he broke it down into what I have to work on to create this kind of a wow factor:
-Place more emphasis on volume. Draw around the figure instead of concentrating on value. Draw high detail areas first and then the rest of it will work itself out.
-Work more with color. show more narrative pieces that convey character instead of just doing studies.
-Be aware of composition and how your composition contributes to the meaning/story of a piece.
-Show your experience with digital media. Companies want to see that you can use them.

And so, I pulled out my nintendo DS and used a homebrew app called colors! tried to work on using digital media and color at the same time. I was not aware that these colors were so saturated until I saw them on my computer screen.

No comments: